Honeymoon Planning Tips
The honeymoon is the exciting conclusion to the entire wedding experience, and often the first married experience a new couple will have together. The honeymoon industry is now diverse with the tropical holiday now only one option of countless others for an exotic getaway and honeymoon packages for a newlywed couple. Yet for all the destination diversity, the process of planning and preparing for a honeymoon is the same.
Planning your Honeymoon:
The very same way that you made extensive preparations to make your wedding unforgettable, you should also have a thorough plan for your honeymoon travel. You must discuss with your partner issues which can contribute to the success of the activity, like the budget, the honeymoon destinations, duration, and the like.
1. Destination – plan months ahead where it is you would like to experience as a couple and look into the seasonal factors to help you decide. A tropical island may not be what you expect if you are planning to visit in the height of the wet season, so research your preferred destinations and decide as a couple what suits you both best.
2. Book in Advance – get yourself the very best deals by planning and booking ahead of time. Enquire about honeymoon packages to your destination of choice and secure all flights well in advance to add last minute costs.
3. Budget – work out in your wedding budget how much you will spend on your honeymoon. Some couples spend half their entire budget on their honeymoon while others simply want a weekend away. So establish a budget early on and stick to it. Additionally, you can use a wishing well in your wedding to fund the honeymoon to afford more extravagance.
4. Accommodation – reserve your accommodation in advance once you know where you are going, and use this as a chance to splurge a little and spoil yourselves. No one wants to spend their honeymoon in a group hostel so look into any packages the best hotels offer for honeymooners and negotiate a deal.
Scout for hotels or resorts that offer low rates. There are hotels that offer decent accommodation and free meals at a very affordable price. Likewise, find a honeymoon package that will be worth your money. Check the meals, transportation provisions, hotel, or honeymoon resort reservations, toll fees, taxes, and the like. A good package includes all of these at a reasonable price tag. You should also know how long your honeymoon will be, since the length or duration of a honeymoon has a corresponding price.
5. Get Help –If you are planning an exotic travel honeymoon to the furthest depths of the Amazonian rainforest but don’t know the first thing about it, use a travel agent to secure a great package that suits all your needs you is well versed in the area and can offer you professional recommendations.
6. Plan Activity Schedule – no one wants to spend their honeymoon arguing about whether they should lie on the beach or go white water rafting, so instead plan ahead for the activities in the area that you want to experience and leave yourselves plenty of time to relax.
7. Prepare All Documents - Finally, if travelling overseas you need to plan for all your necessary documents such as visas and passports well beforehand.