Gift Engraving is a boutique online hand-engraving, retail giftware and jewellery store catering for weddings, engagements, christenings, anniversaries, birthdays, graduations ,corporate presentations and special occasions. We post Australia wide.
Gift engraving caters to both city and regional areas across Australia, making it easy to purchase quality gifts and jewellery from our online store and have them professionally hand engraved. You can also provide your own items to be hand-engraved.
The website and freight system is designed to...
Reviews submitted are subject to the Wedding.com.au
Negative reviews may optionally be removed by the business owner,
but all ratings (both positive and negative) are used to calculate business rating scores (star ratings).
JIM TURNOUR MP
"Laurie engraved two glass vases for me that I gave as gifts. He was very easy to deal with and produced the vases the day after I dropped them off. They looked great and the recipients were very appreciative."
"I have used Lauries hand engraving skills on many many occasions over the last 25 years and have always found his work to be of consistant high quality . He takes extra care and pride in his work and it shows in the fine craftsmanship."
Thanks for the great work on my signet ring Laurie I am very pleased with the craftsmanship."
, Alice Springs
"Top job Laurie, nice to deal with a true craftsman and a friendly one at that."
Frequently Asked Questions
What time can I call the office
We are here to take your calls Monday to Friday 9am-4pm
Are there any times where items are rejected for engraving?
Yes, occasionally we receive an item that has too many scratches on it, the surface is far too undulating or it " looks suspect" whether it is going to engrave successfully. Depending on the item we can sometimes test it to insure it is engraveable however if deemed too risky to engrave we will notify you of our findings and give you the option whether to go ahead with the job or cancel. We do this with your best interests at heart.
Do you provide Computer or Laser engraving?
At this time we do not offer computer or Laser engraving however we do have co-providers who can possibly help with your order so please contact us for further assistance.
What costs are involved with my purchase?
1. Gift cost Select your item then proceed to Engraving Options or checkout.
2. Engraving cost Once you have selected your item, you will be give the option to enter your Engraving request. We have a minimum charge of $25 for every item engraved plus a cost per character which is calculated after you have entered your engraving "View Cart" .When you have entered your engraving in the text box provided click "Checkout", it will update your engraving costs. Custom engraving is charged on a individual basis.
3. Freight cost . All purchases will attract a $10 freight charge calculated at checkout. Should you wish a faster delivery using "Express Post" this service is available however you will need to call for price and delivery times.
What fonts are used.
Gift Engraving uses a generic Script or Block which we have found over many years to be the most legible and well received. We then embellish that lettering appropriate to the item. Different engraving textures and layouts are what makes your item look personalised. Gift Engraving does NOT follow Microsoft Word fonts however by special request and at extra charge we can discuss other lettering options.
What is the difference between No, Standard and Custom Engraving ?
Once you have selected your item, you will be given the option of :
1. No engraving means just that, you don't wish to have your purchased engraved. Please follow through to checkout.
2. Standard Engraving Drawing on years of experience our classic standard burr or chisel engraved characters are brought to you in either script or block lettering or sometimes a combination of both to best suit your gift . Our standard engraving covers the majority of engraving requirements. Please see our Engraving gallery.
3. Custom Engraving Initial's, special artwork or special lettering. This covers more time consuming, intricate hand engraving of script initials, floral embellishment, following your drawings eg: on Signet rings, pendants, badges etc special fonts other than our standard script or block lettering. Please send us your request and we will check the items suitability to be engraved. We will reply with a quote as soon as possible.
What is your average lead-time ?
We try and turn around within 10 working days( two weeks ) however this time largely depends on suppliers, current production and public holidays.It is possible that we have your item to you sooner than this however please allow plenty of time before your gift is due for presentation and contact us should you have any special requests regarding lead time and express mail service.
What disadvantages of hand engraving are there?
Hand engraving usually takes more time, skill and artistic approach than computer and Laser engraving so tends to be a little more expensive. Hand engraving has a special unique, antique look.
What is the advantage of having your gift hand engraved by Gift Engraving?
There is a huge diversity of products offered that can be hand engraved. Each item is engraved separate from the other and so has it's own unique engraving character. Hand engraving unlike other forms of engraving can produce brilliant cuts, textures, scroll work and engraving were machines find it impossible. Laurie takes great pride in his work and his attention to customers. He likes to make dreams come true.
Does hand engraving fade?
Depending on the metal is to how long your engraving will last. Although hand engraving is scribed into the actual item, many soft metals can wear quicker due to work environment or the rubbing up against other jewellery eg: 18 ct gold being softer will wear quicker if it is rubbing up against a 9ct ring which is a little tougher.
What products do not hand engrave sucessfully?
Timber products are not suitable for hand engraving. Some plastics and less quality silver plated items cannot be engraved and need to be tested before commencement of work .
What products can be engraved?
Gift Engraving have selected gifts known to engrave successfully. Please contact before sending in your own personal item for engraving. Glass engraves well and we have engraved many hundreds of glass items over the years ( please see terms and conditions). Metals such as gold, silver, bronze, pewter, brass, stainless steel or anodised aluminium all engrave successfully. Round items are not usually a problem.
What is hand engraving ?
Hand engraving is a technique used to inscribe metal, plastics or glass by using either a variety of long thin chisels held in the palm of the hand which are pushed through soft metals such as gold, silver and brass or a flexi drive with a fine burr/drill attached to engrave Stainless Steel, plastic or glass. Sometimes a combination of both mediums are used. This differs to Laser or computer machines which either leaves a indent or mark on the surface of the item.