Top Tips to Remember on Your Wedding Day
For some, their own wedding day should be the grandest and most important day of their lives. Everything should be quite perfect starting with the wedding gown, the wedding reception, down to the flower decorations. However, there are still others who have had their own share of problems that occurred during their big day. Big or small, certain catastrophes occur not because of negligence and such; they just do! On the flip side, leave no room for error with these top tips to remember on your wedding day:
- If there will be children attending your wedding – specifically the ring bearer, flower girls, and such – make sure that they are also entertained. You wouldn’t want them running all over the wedding venue or reception hall! It is best to make arrangements for them such as situating them in an area where they can be with others who belong to their age group. Give them something to do such as coloring, writing, and reading. Let a trusted friend or family member handle these during the wedding. Also, during the reception, make sure that they are served with kid-friendly food. A kid would not appreciate gourmet food just yet. Give them something that they are comfortable or familiar with such as nuggets, French fries, and the like.
- Don’t forget the rings. Entrust these with a close family member, your maid of honor, or someone who is responsible and tell them to hold on to those before giving them to the ring bearer at the wedding.
- Coordinate with your wedding entourage – bride’s maids, groom’s men, and so – and tell them to arrive early at the wedding venue the day before. Punctuality is a must most especially at an event such as a wedding. If the invitation states that the wedding starts at 5 o’clock, tell your bridal parties to arrive at 4:30 pronto!
- Before the wedding, make sure that you give out clear and concise details to your guests in regards to the directions going to the wedding venue. The major cause of delay in most weddings is having the guests boggled about the directions. The last thing you would need is to have someone calling you on the day itself and asking for directions! (Accurate maps may be sent to your guests along with the wedding invitations – which should be done a month or weeks ahead!)
- Regardless of how beautiful your shoes are, it is important to bring an extra set that you can change in to. There is no way that your entire leg area could withstand the agony of being in those 5-inch heels for a long period of time. The best time to get into your comfy shoes is after the wedding ceremony. The main purpose of having a wedding reception is for the guests and the wedding couple to relax and have a good time. Your comfy shoes do not have to be all casual and inappropriate for your bridal gown. These could be simple strappy sandals or flats.
- Bring an emergency kit to the wedding. You can let one of your brides maids hold on to this. This kit must include all the essentials you need just in case something happens such as extra make-up, a mini sewing kit, safety pins, nail polish, nail polish remover, tissues, breath mints, towelettes, comb, hair pins, and more.
- As a bride to be, you would probably find it difficult to eat with everything going on. Do not forget to eat before the wedding and during the reception; otherwise you would end up starving during the night.
- Enjoy the moment being in the company of close friends, family, and most especially your better half. Good luck!